Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Today's Deck - Bleach cleaned Cabot's sealed

Question

Cleaned this deck about ten days ago. It's a maintenance customer. A few years ago I stripped off Behr that was pretty black. Sealed with Cabot's Clear Solutions Cedar. I used bleach and soap for the maintenance cleaning. Posted here:

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/showthread.php?t=6326

Sealed it this afternoon. I love this deck, not too big, sweet design. That trellis is a PITA.

post-581-137772155999_thumb.jpg

post-581-137772156004_thumb.jpg

post-581-137772156009_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

The house was washed when I originally did the initial clean and seal. Since I raised this woman about 40% over the last square footage rate, she bypased washing the house. It isn't that bad yet

If you are talking about E/O year complete strip, brighten & stain - that's what I've always done. IMHO, it looks great when done that way. I also think it is easier to strip a deck than wash it.

The deck looks great! I didnt even know that Cabot makes a tinted clear solutions. It looks like a regular semi. I have used their semi's a few times and they are closer to solid but they are very durable. I sometimes thin it out a little and spray it for a more transparent look. How do you feel about the clear solutions?

It's a nice product. Acts and smells a lot like Aussie Oil. Cabot's semi's are very opaque. Yes they are very durable. The Clear Solutions doesn't have nearly as much pigment but still holds up suprisingly well. This is the second treatment, so there was a good amount of oil down in the wood thus this deck is a little richer looking.