Sign in to follow this  
Vashtie

Restoring Concrete Driveway finish

We had our driveway power-washed and unfortunately stripped off some of the finish. Appreciate any advice/opinions on possibility of having a concrete refinisher restore the concrete drive. Also, after it is refinished, does it need to be sealed?

Great website!!

Hi Vashti :)

We do decorative resurfacing which can correct a myriad of "little accidents" that happen on driveways. If you simply want the driveway to look like it did prior to the cream coat being removed, your least expensive route may be to contact your local concrete company. If you want to go all out and make it strikingly beautiful, take a look at www.puretexture.com. There are installers all over and the office should be able to refer someone in your area. We travel, but it's not cheap :)

Celeste

Those of us who do this have the systems that we like and use. I use Elite Crete, here's the site of an installer in Ga, I'm not sure if they travel that far but if not, they probably know someone who does.

They can do a simple gray broom finish, it's probably the least expensive option. To answer your other question, yes it definately needs to be sealed and that would be included in the price.

http://www.southernelitecrete.com/

Those of us who do this have the systems that we like and use. I use Elite Crete, here's the site of an installer in Ga, I'm not sure if they travel that far but if not, they probably know someone who does.

They can do a simple gray broom finish, it's probably the least expensive option. To answer your other question, yes it definately needs to be sealed and that would be included in the price.

http://www.southernelitecrete.com/

I disagree on it needing to be sealed. if you could post some pics I could give you some direction on refinishing it.

I agree somewhat with Jim. Depending on what you put on it, sealing would be an option, however, sealing your concrete just to be sealing it does have some benefits on its own.

Celeste