Sign in to follow this  
clean kentucky

concrete cleaner

I am trying to find a good concrete cleaner for gas station islands and dumpster areas. I do a few of these on a regular basis and I've ben using only hot water on them lately. It works just as good as the cleaners I have tried.

I have tried quite a few products, but I don't know if I can state my opinion so I won't name the manufacturer's or their cleaners because I will have to bash them if I do. False claims and so on.......

Does anyone know of a proven product that will work good on islands and dumpster areas. thanks for the help!!!

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressuure Washing

270-268-1694

I'm no concrete guy but from what i've heard Sodium Hydroxide products will clean up oil on concrete and oxalic acid will remove rust stains.

My guess the key to using these types of chems it would be just like cleaning wood "DWELL" time and mixture strentgh depending how dirty the stains are would be very important.

I buy all my chems raw and make my own mixes for cleaning wood so name brand cleaners i can't help ya there.

I've heard of guys buying chems here if ya interested?

http://www.chemistrystore.com/

good luck on concrete cleaner search that i would think the answer must be posted on here somewhere! :)

What brand of cleaner didn't work for you?

So someone else won't waste their time using it :cool:

I am having trouble replying, I will type my reply and Click post, then it will say forbidden "error" Am I typing something I should'nt.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I don't see what you could type that give you an error and not let you post?

are you typing in the box on the bottom or going to advanced mode?

My local chem. supplier makes a butyl degreaser with sodium hydroxide, metasilicate, and other components. It works o.k. Decent price too for 165.00 a drum. I want something that will rip it off quick, guess I am dreaming. I will try the f-18max. I have HD-80, but have'nt tried it because it seems a little expensive to use on concrete.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Anthony,

Kinda gave up for now! tired of spending time and money on samples that don't work. I am probably going to try one more thing and that is mixing raw sodium hydroxide beads with 12.5% I can get the sodium hydroxide for 54 cents a pound. Has anyone tried this?

Are you certified in hood cleaning? What type of certification is best for the price? I just got a quarterly contract and would like to get certified, but don't know where to put my money. What is the price for your insurance for the year for hood cleaning? Does your coverage cost more than 1500.00 a year? I would like to venture more into this type of service. Sorry for all the questions, but would like to learn a lot more about this type of service.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Anthony,

Kinda gave up for now! tired of spending time and money on samples that don't work. I am probably going to try one more thing and that is mixing raw sodium hydroxide beads with 12.5% I can get the sodium hydroxide for 54 cents a pound. Has anyone tried this?

My understanding is that this is NOT a good idea.

I have read on the forum that guys have tried this and it seems to work pretty good. Degrease and brighten! I have yet to try it though. I have recently tried strong hood cleaner on dumpster areas with pretty good success.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694