Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Paint remover

Whats a good paint remover ? I need it to spray or brush on concrete & brick pavers, its some over spray & some drips , Oil & Latex paint

I really dont have time to order anyting its for a job Wed night. I'll have to get it from Lowes or HD. Im thinking a heavy gel stripper any suggestions

Thanks

Jeff,

Use Jasco Premium Paint and Epoxy Remover. It should run you $24.99-27.99. Both Lowes and HD sell the product.

Buy #1 steel wool (blue package)

Buy a little squirt bottle. A ketchup bottle works great or if you dont have one an inexpensive option is to buy the stuff guys use to chalk lines with. Dump out the chalk and you have a nice bottle.

Make sure to mist the surface with H2O. Apply the remover directly to the paint and try not to mix it in with the water. It has the ability to "push" the water away from the paint and it will also neutralize the concrete around the paint.

Use the steel wool (after waiting a minute or two) and lightly buff out the spots. You might need to reapply but the Jasco works really quick.

Make sure you rinse off the product before the concrete gets dry. It'll help to turn your burner to atleast 125, but not too hot or it'll make the jasco very mad!

Also, get some of the blue rubber gloves from Lowes when you're there. They are the nicer ones and will run you about $4.50 each. Jasco contains methylene chloride so be careful not to breathe it in.

This is the fastest, easiest way to remove paint on a concrete substrate, unless your customer wants an acid wash with full strength HCL and 120 grit concrete!