Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Here's a 10 year old deck.

Question

9 answers to this question

Nice cleaning job Adrian:cool:

I think that deck is still thirsty for some oil and pigment.Did the customer want a "natural" finish not too dark?

I think when decks a real old it's hard to make them look good without a darker pigment.

Thanks folks for all the nice remarks. Yes this deck was very thirsty, and in my opinion it could use another gal or two of the med. brown ready seal. The customer was just short of freaking out at the results of the cleaning.

I did a small swatch area with the stain to show what it would look like after, and they love the finish. Another good thing is that in a few months they are going to expand the size of the deck. They said they would like me to finish the new addition as well.

I stripped the deck with 12%

I neutralized the deck with 12%

and I stained the deck with 12%

just kidding ( that was for Shane)

HD80 for strip

#80 wood brightner and neutralizer from Sun Brite.( great product)

Med. Brown Ready seal

The customer wanted some color, but not the hideous brown (whatever that stuff was) that was previously on it.

Cool thing is that after I cleaned the drives and sidewalks and finished the decking, that the house really shows how bad it needs a cleaning as well.

I gave a few freebie swipes on the house to show them. I am sure I will be back there soon.

Hope everyone has had a good and profitable week.