Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

vinyl siding

Question

Hi everyone.New to board.Alot of pros here.

Quick question here. I used to do pressure washing years ago and just got back into it. I had a friend call me the other day and asked to come over and look at his house. He recently had it cleaned and one side, facing the sun was very streaked. Meaning oxidation and stained really bad. Will citra clean and 12% clean these streaks off?The siding is very chaulky.

Thanks ahead for any info

S & J Pressure Washing

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the board. Its too hard to say without seing it. I am guessing if it is streaky due to washing the paint was very oxidized. Adding a high pH cleaning solution to this could only make it worse. Do a search on 'oxidation' on this website. We use a two step technique on aluminum siding homes to avoid this happening (acid/caustic). On vinyl if there is evidence of oxidation we use only 2% sodium hypochlorite hitting the house with a high quality, mild car wash mix

The side of the house looks as if it had oxidation and air bourn stains from 9 years of not being cleaned. It also looks like someone took a pressure washer with some high pressure and just shot it all over the side and it only cleaned where the water hit. It's very odd looking.

Thanks

Since it is a friends house I would try your house wash mix a little strong and then low pressure rinse it. See if it improves it any. If not(most likely) do like the others suggested and two step it.