Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Surface cleaner tips

I use a 3-25 tips on my Big Guy 5.6 gpm 3500 psi is that a good tip to use or would a 15 degree be better. What do you think pro & con

Will a 15 degree cut into the dirt better.

Just wondering

Thanks

JL

It would mainly depend on how far away from the surface your tips are. I use 15° and I have also used 25°. I did not see a difference.

More of a personal choice I think. For the cost, I would say just get the 15's and give it a whirl.

Jeff,

I changed out the standard 25 tips on my 24" machine a while back looking to make a more significant impact. They worked fine and I thought I could tell a difference.

I am not sure if you can buy the same design of tip that comes standard with the Big Guy and their specific line. I know they are designed to give a wider spray pattern and other tips I have bought were spraying much narrower at the same degree of tip.

I am not truely sure if it made a large enough change in cleaning, but it is an inexpensive venture. I went back to all 25 degree tips from manufactureer to keep all machines in the same parts. I did not want to grab a 15 and a 25 by accident or have odd pairs, just less complicated that way.

If you try it let me know what you think

If you are using spray tips that were manufactured by Spraying Systems they are designed to be used at a distance of 8" to 12" from the surface being cleaned. I know that this isn't possible in this case, but considering the circumstances the water from the spray tips will not have enough distance in which to form its' intended pattern. Probably at 1 1/2" there won't be much difference.