Sign in to follow this  
ron p

beth

Question

6 answers to this question

No I checked with VBulliten today. There are things called BOTS that go out and hit sites with email addresses. LOTS of BBS's are getting hit. The Grime Scene is in the search engines. I just have to get used to the controls.... All the ones listed hit us. They register, then they wait a period of time, then they hit every thread with a link. I have pruned all the threads. All we have to do is post over the names. The URLs generating the addresses have been banned, there were actuall two, one I caught before the spam started! (YAHOO!) Believe be I plan to keep a careful check on that from now on. I also set the spamming control higher. I had it set too low. Sorry guys! You'll notice a delay in posting. (80 seconds between posts)

Beth

They have rules against spamming, so reporting does help. VBulletin has a fix. So I upgraded and we are good to ho. No more spammers! I also have the addresses blocked. There is a visual piece to the registration screen now, you see an image and have to verify it. The BOTs can't do that. Believe me, I was livid about it when I saw it happening. I was up WAY early fixing it, then one of the scripts was corrupt. My thanks go to one of the VBulletin Developers over in Scotland who was online aand logged in and fixed it for me. (programmer stuff)

We will be fine now.

Beth :)

p.s. same version now as ***

Without using THAT word all I can say is both Beth and Rod did a super job of removing it ALL!

If I did wood work I would use their products for sure.

Jon