Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

.Net Messenger

Question

Is anyone else getting spammed by a .Net Messenger Message for Safety related update?

I've received no less than 30 of the same messages wanting me to visit this web site and update from there.

I don't intend to do anything but erase their messages.

11 answers to this question

If they are all from one e-mail address and you ar eusing Outlook express as your e-mail software, with one of there messages on your screen, select MESSAGE then BLOCK SENDER, and all future messages will go straight to your delete folder and you never have to look at them.

PS if their message is not on your screen any longer you can go to TOOLS then MESSAGE RULES then BLOCKED SENDERS LIST and choose ADD then just type in the e-mail address and VIOLA!

No Mas Junque

Thanks, but the answers did not directly address my question(s).

As quickly as they came, it stopped.

I was surprised that .Net Messenger would spam. Odd, coming from a safety web site.

To answer your question I have to say NO but I use Earthlink as my DSL ISP and use their spam blocker so I would not even see any junk or spam mail.

I have total control of what comes though to Outlook.

It can be a bit of a pain having everything blocked till you get the addresses set up you want to allow though but from over 100 plus spams a day to ZERO, sure makes checking mail easy now.

Jon

I normally don't get spammed as I don't sign up for a lot of stuff unless I use a throw away address - and I've been lucky with even those. This was my first major spam and I was surprised where it came from (Spamming from a sefety web site?). Makes me wonder - if you know what I mean.

Paul I don't sign up for things, most web sites have spy ware that grabs your Email address and from there spread it all over the world.

Even the pop up builder people are getting smart, I find some that force their way though my pop up stoppers.

Ah such is life on the Internet, at one time only government and colleges used it and now look, you can find a bride, a date, a mate, drugs, get mugged, get divorced and much more on the Net.

I know of people who buy their cars off the Net, paying in full with a credit card sight unseen.

Now that type of trust on the Net will never come from me. Besides I need to see what I am buying before I buy.

I like to test drive, or open and close the appliances etcs.

Now when it comes to a bride, well no test drive, no bride!! Uh oh my wife is watching:whoops:

Jon

I wonder how Grant could tell we got the wrong color delivered to us yesterday!

Who do you know at Best Buy that told you we ordered bisque and they delivered and installed white?

Well I will say they did get the dishwasher correct, just the stove and microwave were wrong! Correct ones due on Friday.

Now Grant stop looking into your spy glass! only witches are allowed to use those.

Jon