Sign in to follow this  
EnviroClean

Another Shurflo Question AC/DC

...For those about to rock....WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!!!!...oops sorry..and now back to the question...I am ditching the pump up sprayers, Going Shurflo...OH yeah baby let it flo!!! Ok so what route should I take? I plan on using the diaphragm pump for ALL chem application. Big questions here...Should I go AC or DC...I just installed a GFI receptacle on my machine ( $200 extra option at purchase..cost me 10 bucks and some dremel work)

I run 200 feet of HP hose...Should I mount the shurflo AC on the trailer and run 200 ft of LP chem hose? Or should I do the Chem cart DC set up?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of both set ups?

1st off, I would keep a pump up for a back up. Now that that little suggestion has proven to be somewhat of a limerick I shall attend to your other questions.

Both AC and DC have their benefits but the most common are the ones associated with DC. DC allows you to be independent of other power sources and work without interruption or delay. For example, if you are using an AC sprayer on a job and the outlet gets hit with a spray and pops the circuit breaker and no one is there, you are stuck with the pump up for a back up. (that limerick again)

AC units don't go dead on you after not being charged properly or after a full days use. They are lighter than a DC unit due to the lack of a Deep Cycle Marine battery.

We use two units, each has a different power supply (ie, one is AC the other is DC) In wood restoration, we send the AC unit to a job to apply chems with along with a pump up for the neutralizer after the wash. When we seal, we send out the DC unit. This way we don't have to worry about the circuit being popped for using them, only for using a sander and blower do we need AC power.

We use plunger pumps on our units and they work fine for applying chems and sealers. I have a Shurflo unit too with a viton diaphragm pump but it keeps popping circuit breakers (troubleshooting this one next). It works fine but is only good for chems due to its rating (60psi, 1.2gpm) Our plunger pumps are rated up to 225psi, 1.5gpm and come with a pressure regulator for changes according to need.

Hope this helps...

Rod!~