Sign in to follow this  
Greasebuster

Has anyone encountered an OSHA experience?

Has anyone ever had an OSHA rep visit their company and also onsite operations of a Job? I clean commercial restaurant exhause hoods and fans. He came because of a disgruntled employee that lied to get his revenge on me because I fired him. Please reply if this happened to you. Im waiting for my report.

Greasebuster

Wow that sucks!! Good Luck, Do you have written SOP's? Do you have a written respirator program with active medical surveillance and fit tests? Do you carry MSDS's? Sucks to have OSHA on your case..Let us know how it works out. Good Luck.

If OSHA wants to bust your bubble, they can. I too wish you the best in this.

Good point Ken. It would seem to me that the ball will always be in there court. With these kinds of businesses, I would think its imposible to ensure 100% compliance in regards to OSHA. Good luck with it though.

I have not but a good friend kicked them off of his job site. He had called for a complimentary visit and they did not show up. in sc they have one guy that handles complimentary visits. he comes out and points out violations that need to be corrected without fining you. if you have asked for one, until they come they can not fine you unless it is a life safety issue.

so they showed up at his jobsite and he told them he had not had his comp. visit and asked them to leave. they left. it would probably be wise if you have a crew to get a complimentary visit just to make sure everything is in the order they would like for it to be.