Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

dryvit again

Question

Hello,

I hate to be repetitive. But I have tried to find the thread with my last questions regarding dryvit but with no luck. Looks like I will be doing a dryvit home on monday, gray. the house is huge. 5400 square feet living space. Not to dirty, just a little mold.

Just want to be sure on my technique before I destroy a 1.2 million dollar home.

I was thinking to use the simple cherry over the E plus with 1 gallon 12%, 4 gallons H20 and the simple cherry mix.

Very low pressure

Easy around the windows edges.

Any other help, please chime in.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Just in case you don't know how.......

go to "quick links" at the top and go down to subscribed threads....may make your search a little easier. If you've done this type a scecific word phrase that you used into the search button.....

Hope this helps...:)

That only works if you are subscribed to the thread which is optional. If you look in your profile, you will see a link to all posts made by you, and all threads started by you. That can help save some major time.

Also in the search feature at the top, you can go advanced and narrow it down very tight.

Are any of these the ones?

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/search.php?searchid=188247

I did 2 houses last week and have done several commercial cleanings of Dryvit/EFIS construction. I used the exact mix you discribed and works fine. I have and will use a 40 degree nozzle, bu thave to be very careful not to get too close. Usually stay off about 4 " works well. Gives a wide spray pattern of about 10 to 12" at that distance. Can back off around windows and get even wider as needed.

Most of the time I will use the variable Xjet, with the widest spray pattern. It is about 500 psi going into the handle and much less at the surface (based on a 3500 psi machine)

If the house is just moldy you might be able to get away with X-Jet for rinsing. Dryvit cleans up well with strong bleach ratio. Word of advice, X-Jet will cause dryvit damage around window seals if you aren't careful. These are very fragile. Just pay attention to what you are doing, Mike.

Thanks Ken,

The house is not to bad, Huge. http://data.visionappraisal.com/CranstonRI/parcel.asp?pid=31240

I will mix the 12% strong with come simple cherry and see what happens. I use an M5 almost always with the fan. So I will be sure to take it easy. I love the dual lance with the M5, it allows me maximum control of pattern and psi. Thanks again. Mike