Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

People in general

Question

Okay today I was in Lowes and just happen to be buying Cabots and noticed a man reading Thompsons Water Seal and like the a** hole I am said nicely that that was not a good product and recommened something different and maybe I could take a look at his project, Big Mistake, this guy gave me the 101 on Thompsons and how well it has worked for him anyway I tried to give him my card and he tossed it to the ground and siad What do you know about decks ans walked away, okay I'm no Ken Fenner or Seymore but Damm I think i'm okay. Ugghhh I msay these two guys in reference because I see work the post and not taking anything from anyione else just two guys in mind.

7 answers to this question

since the bridge was already burnt, I would have told him what I thought. I was treated the same way once, told the guy what I thought very nicely, but in words that pretty much said a--hole. after that he listened to me and we ended up doing business. this was not pressure washing but I did not have anything to lose. should have told him if he had ever seen a deck done with good material that he would realize that it(thompsons) was not working as good as he thought.

Every time a meet a real D**k, I can't help but to feel sorry for the wife and family that has to deal with him on a daily basis.

Every time a meet a real D**k, I can't help but to feel sorry for the wife and family that has to deal with him on a daily basis.

Then again, some of us have come across that way to others (I certainly know *I* have), and aren't really that way most of the time...we just had a bad day, something that was said hit us the wrong way, etc. Maybe the guy just had a huge arguement with his wife about whether to do it himself of hire a deck guy, and he stormed out to go buy some Thompsons, and then here comes some deck guy agreeing with his wife that he doesn't know what he's doing! LOL!