Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

Concrete cleaning and staining

Question

Just a quick opion question. I have a woman that wants a quote for cleaning, staining and sealing a patio. The patio is a new enclosed 203 sqft patio that has two walls that are vinyl and two sides that are sheetrock, painted. The patio is totally inclosed with no drains in floor.The floor is still dirty from construction and has plaster on it. They want it pressure cleaned than stained with H&C concrete stain.I'm going to use a surface cleaner and shop vac to get up the water and dirt. I figure three gallons of stain at 25.00 a gallon and one gallon of sealant at 25.00.Thats close two 250.00 dallors for material. Thats two coats of stain, one coat of sealer.I was going to quote 600.00 for the job but feel its to low. I was just wondering if any one else that does this type of work could tell me if I'm way off on the quote or close.

Thanks in advance for input.

S & J

12 answers to this question

Good catch Anthony! I skimmed the original post - saw size, walls, no drains and 4 trips! You have to be real realy easy on new stuff - better to push past the 30 day mark if at all possible! That H&C Acrylic will highlight any ripples or bumpies you put in the cream coat!

Celeste

drop the sealer, thin the first coat per directions on the can and you should be able to do it with 2 gallons of h&c acrylic silicone. which yyou should be able to get for closer to $20 gallon. you could also use durons tuff-top, dyco paints also has the same stain. lose pressure washing it. etch it with acid from a pump up and rinse with water hose. squegee all water off and return the next day and do both coats. this job should not take any more than a total of four hours.

another option is using "Multicoat Acrethane Sealer" which is water based. you could clean and put down both coats the same day. however this color sealer is like $50/gallon. I have used a lot of it on pool decks and it is really good material. At $3 a s.f. I think it sounds high. I can spray a knock down finish and coat for around $4.50/s.f. and only have less than $1.oo/sf in material.

Also $25.00 x 4 = $100.00

However this is a small job so I would figure based on that. Something like this I would probably charge $2.00 s.f. some times I will figure a job by multiplying material by 4.

I am in the middle of a job now that is 1,000 s.f. and I charged $2/sf to strip and $2/s.f. to patch concrete and paint. I have about $350.00 in material and if I send my part time helper out to finish paint I will have $100 in labor.