Sign in to follow this  
Don Phelps

Possible FL Job Lead

From what I understand, most, if not all, areas in FL have been covered, with the possible exception of Tallahassee...they wouldn't go for my price to drive up there and clean it. I was contracted to do Gainesville and Lake City, at a bit more than they were initially offering. Not sure now what's going to happen.

Didn't one of the guys here get something like 25 of them?

They called me and said they were putting a hold on cleaning? I dont have a clue whats up with them.I got to tell you i did 3 of them and only the areas stated on the work order, which was the front patio,the receiving door area 15x15 and the dumpster area.With 2 guys and my set up it took us 45 min each location.They took the chairs off and put them back,and only 1 location had the dumpsters moved,we went around the rest of them.The only reason i took them for that price, was because i had other accounts right around the 27 CB that i took..

All the managers called after the first cleaning and wanted the service on a monthly basis.This is what i think is the problem and the reason for the hold up on the cleaning.But who knows,no one ever got back to me and let me know..As far as doing a sub par job,that is not something i would ever do!!

I fiqured that i would make up on the price by doing the sidewalks on the sides of the bldg,and offering my service on a monthly or bi-monthly service.I have found out that once you get your foot in the door with these retail chains and you prove yourself as a company,pricing can always be negociated.

I can say this for a fact because it has been the way in for me with all our clients.You can tell a new client that you are the best company for them until your blue in the face,they have all heard this line a thousand times.But prove yourself to them and you will enjoy a long relationship with your customers for years to come.

They called me and said they were putting a hold on cleaning? I dont have a clue whats up with them.I got to tell you i did 3 of them and only the areas stated on the work order, which was the front patio,the receiving door area 15x15 and the dumpster area.With 2 guys and my set up it took us 45 min each location.They took the chairs off and put them back,and only 1 location had the dumpsters moved,we went around the rest of them.The only reason i took them for that price, was because i had other accounts right around the 27 CB that i took..

All the managers called after the first cleaning and wanted the service on a monthly basis.This is what i think is the problem and the reason for the hold up on the cleaning.But who knows,no one ever got back to me and let me know..As far as doing a sub par job,that is not something i would ever do!!

I fiqured that i would make up on the price by doing the sidewalks on the sides of the bldg,and offering my service on a monthly or bi-monthly service.I have found out that once you get your foot in the door with these retail chains and you prove yourself as a company,pricing can always be negociated.

I can say this for a fact because it has been the way in for me with all our clients.You can tell a new client that you are the best company for them until your blue in the face,they have all heard this line a thousand times.But prove yourself to them and you will enjoy a long relationship with your customers for years to come.

I don't have a problem with the price, $200-250 for a 2 hour job isn't bad money......I'm just waiting to see what happens.

I heard CB canned Commercial services on this project

I got an email today from the person who is replacing Javier, stating the contracts are still valid, and that their CEO and President are in meetings today to decide how to proceed with things. That indicates to me that CB hasn't dropped Commercial.

Where'd you hear this?