Sign in to follow this  
john@AEC

Did I really do that?

Question

Can't believe it, but I did it...

Last week I did half a shopping centre walkway (the end with the water tap!) and this morning I went back to do the other half. Got myself up early, drove 35 min across town and on site at 4:30 am (and 8 oC - it's winter down here).

It's a good job, not big, but no hassles and PM accepted my price straight up - and the last job I did they paid quickly! An easy, stress free $100/hr gross.

But there's no tap at this end of the building. 20 minutes of walking through the gardens, upseting the neighbours' (large, loud) dog, pacing out the distances from the other tap, shivering, swearing, more walking through the gardens, shivering.... and back in the ute... and drive 35 mins home and back into bed.

Not enough hose! I've been planning to buy a long, large diameter water hose.... and extra HP hose.... and a brain.... I can't believe I didn't check for enough taps....

D'oh

:lgbonk:

3 answers to this question

Can't EVER have to much hose! I know how ya feel. To many times I have had to go into the grocery store and steel hose because there supply will not keep up and there is no tap close by. 300 feet of hose latter NO PROBBLEMS!