Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

ad in local paper - register for free house wash contes

Question

We have an ad going out in our local paper this week advertising for people to visit our website and register to enter for a free house wash. Has anyone ever offered any sort of contest like this before and if so did you have lots of entries? I'm betting that those who have had some sort of drawing at a home/garden show might have done something similar before...

Thanks

Dustin

3 answers to this question

I was just on FOX channel 5 two weekends ago for volunteering a free housewash to a family with a disabled child. It was really cool, fun, and I feel like I did some good for the family. The house was falling apart and they had no money for improvements on the house. A painter got a few different contractors to help with the facelift. I got interviewed and mentioned my company name on air.

Maybe you could try something like that.

oh yeah. Here's the little disabled childs website.

www.mckenziecarey.com

Maybe some type of involvement by grouping up with other contractors.

This project evolved over a couple of weeks and was finished in one day.

( of course I went in a day ahead to wash the house) and came back the next morning to do the drive and sidewalks ( in hopes of exposure to the T.V. network as well) and it worked fine for me!!!

Perfect way to draw attention to your website! You will have all of their contact information. Now you can call/write "I'm sorry to inform you that Joseph Wedlim over on Spore Street won the free housewash but we'd still love the opportunity to clean your property as well. We are offering a 15% discount on service to all whom applied. When is the best time to give you a no obligation quote?"