Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

Health Insurance

This was faxed to me today and after I talked to them and more research I signed up for it.They have open enrollement until tomorrow.I wanted to pass it on. The only preexisting illness they don't cover is Cancer and Heart conditions. http://www.americainsure.org/ Has anybody heard any bad things about this? It is a PPO and my childrens pediatician is on there along with several other Docs in my area. The research I found came back all positive. Family coverage is only $173.00 /mth I could not believe it.

This was faxed to me today and after I talked to them and more research I signed up for it.They have open enrollement until tomorrow.I wanted to pass it on. The only preexisting illness they don't cover is Cancer and Heart conditions. http://www.americainsure.org/ Has anybody heard any bad things about this? It is a PPO and my childrens pediatician is on there along with several other Docs in my area. The research I found came back all positive. Family coverage is only $173.00 /mth I could not believe it.

Be weary, you know the old saying, "If it's to good to be true, probably is". That sounds insanly low for a private health plan covering a whole family. My health insurance, that covers just myself is about 90 a month and I'm only 31 years young.

Lance I'm from the old school and I was leary but the guy I spoke to says they are a non-profit organization that gets grants from the government that off-set the premiums. I called a few doctors offices and they said they were on the up and up. The first thing I thought of was "if its too good to be true it usually is".Thats why I I did research and if I thought it was a BS scheme I wouldn't have posted it here.I worked as a Paramedic for 11 years and was with BC/BS and they told me it was basically the same policy with $25.00 co-pay and a prescription card. I signed up for it. I can cancel my check anytime I choose.

After further revue and more investigations it seems it is a scam.I was skeptical and called the insurance commision and they have never heard of them. I apologize for the bad info but I wanted to alert people of what I found.

PWkid thanks for the heads up. I got excited for a minute the cheapest I can get a famly plan in NJ is around $1000 a month so $175 was like a gift from God. It kills me that these scams even exisit. Whith the cost of health care what it is I don't need to get my hopes up like this , the people who do this should be fined or arrested.