Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Powerhouse

I'm using Powerhouse to great results. But I don't know why it works and I would like to. While I do not need the know-how of a Chemical Eng., I would like to know what each component is bringing to the dance. I understand that the 2-Buto is a degreaser, but if the Sod. Hydroxide degreases, why is the Buto a component? I see Sod. Metasilicate in Powerhouse and in EFC-38. What does it do? There are many similar questions that I would ask knowing that I had a receptive and informed source. If you're out there, raise your hand.

From the label;

2-Butoxyethanol, Sod. Hydroxide, Sod. Metasilicate, Sod. Ethylinediamina Tetraacetate, and Nonylphenol Poly(oxyethelene).

muchas gracias

Bill

PS, I did do a search in the Chem thread. It was not exhaustive. My eyes glaze over when I read the chemical reactivity stuff. And I went to the Sunbrite site to no gain. So, doing this on my own will be very difficult.

PSS, I think there are strong positioning possibilities using this complex cleaning solution. I will be writing ad copy to build this position and would be happy to share.

For some greases, Sodium Hydroxide works well while on others it doesn't. Butyl adds a causticity to help break down the fats faster and more completely. Other ingredients help to keep the grease from re-solidifying on the surface before it can be washed.

The chemical reactivity worksheet in this forum can help you understand more about the nature of these chemicals although it does not tell you what their purpose is which can only be determined by chemists who design them.

Sodium metasilicate is a caustic builder adding to the caustic range for improving and sustaining the reaction.

We use this product for house washing which it does well in helping to remove oxidation, exhaust soot and road grime from surfaces close to highways and arterial traffic. It is great for helping to remove sealer from our equipment and it is used as a clean up for any drips and over-spray accidents.

A valuable tool to have in your chem arsenal.

Rod!~

Thanks Rod. I'm using Powerhouse on your say-so. Someone from Sunbrite wrote me also. Adding that info to yours gives me what I need for my sales letter.

Bill