Sign in to follow this  
rousec

Surface Cleaner Pressure

I have a 5.5 @ 3500 Hot Water Machine W/ a Landa Cyclone Surface Cleaner. When I use the wand the pressure gauge will read the 3500-3700 psi. When using the Surface Cleaner the pressure gauge will read 1500-1750 PSI. Do I have the wrong size nozzle for the surface cleaner or why is the pressure cut in half??? The nozzles are new and were rated for my machine.

Its Cut In Half Because The Surface Cleaner Has Two Tips....hense The Cut In Half

You're kidding, right?

No, it isn't cut in half because there are two tips. Likely his tips are either way worn, he has a leak, or the tips are oversized.

On a surface cleaner (two bar) you have two tips. Each should be sized at 1/2 of what your normal full pressure tip size is. If your normal, full pressure tip is a 5, then use two 2.5 tips on the surfacer. 2.5+2.5=5

I have a 5.5 @ 3500 Hot Water Machine W/ a Landa Cyclone Surface Cleaner. When I use the wand the pressure gauge will read the 3500-3700 psi. When using the Surface Cleaner the pressure gauge will read 1500-1750 PSI. Do I have the wrong size nozzle for the surface cleaner or why is the pressure cut in half??? The nozzles are new and were rated for my machine.

It sounds like someone screwed up and put in two 5's rather than two 2.5's

Check them.

Its Cut In Half Because The Surface Cleaner Has Two Tips....hense The Cut In Half

GOING WITH THE FACT OF THE WRONG SIZE TIPS AND THE 2 TIPS TOTAL THATS WHAT I MEANT..YOUR RIGHT. SOMETIME TYPING DOES NOT COME OFF THE SAME WAY AS TALKING CHECK THE O-RING...FLIP IT OVER PULL THE TRIGGER IF YOU HAVE BAD O RING THE WATER WILL BE POURING OUT NEAR THE CENTER

The tips have approximatley 20 hours on them and the size is 15/030. There is also an inline high pressure filter. Do you think i need to change to the 2.5? I find it hard to believe that a 1/2 size would result in a 50% reduction in total pressure.

The tips have approximatley 20 hours on them and the size is 15/030. There is also an inline high pressure filter. Do you think i need to change to the 2.5? I find it hard to believe that a 1/2 size would result in a 50% reduction in total pressure.

Check for any leaks on the bottom side of the swivel, under the skirt. :fido2:

The tips should give you about 3000psi at 5.5gpm. Have you checked for leaks underneath, as Don suggested?

I found the problem. There is a leak from both the top and bottom of the swivel. I contacted Landa and they said that it is common for a small leak but not what I observed. The Tech guy recommend replacing the union with an aftermarket unit and that Landa was currently re-designing the union on the Cyclone. I explained that the unit had less that 40hours on it and he stated that the dealer may warranty it. Since they confessed that there is a design issue i would rather replace with something that will last past 40 hrs. Any suggestions on brand and dealer?????

I found the problem. There is a leak from both the top and bottom of the swivel. I contacted Landa and they said that it is common for a small leak but not what I observed. The Tech guy recommend replacing the union with an aftermarket unit and that Landa was currently re-designing the union on the Cyclone. I explained that the unit had less that 40hours on it and he stated that the dealer may warranty it. Since they confessed that there is a design issue i would rather replace with something that will last past 40 hrs. Any suggestions on brand and dealer?????

Sounds like Landa isn't the way to go, contrary to the opinion of some! If they aren't willing to warranty something with this little use, that'd be the last Landa product I ever bought.

I LOVE my Big Guy. If I had to order another, I'd get it at www.higherpowersupplies.com

Free shipping, and one of the lowest prices out there. No tax either, if you're outside Washington State.

I have two, and no problems out of either after many hours on each. Had to replace the spray bar on the oldest one, and the skirting. The bar was worn pretty badly (which will happen regardless of the brand) but hadn't started leaking yet. The skirting was coming loose because of the way I take it out of the side door of the trailer. When the day comes that I have to replace the older machine, I'll get another Big Guy.

I agree with Mike, The company that makes the Big Guy is Whisper Wash and one good thing about that company is you can buy swivel seal kits and rebuild kits so when you have problems you can fix the problem without having to purchase a whole swivel. A lot of companies out there sell this brand like Pressure Tek, Water Cannon, Higher Power Supplies, etc... Just check around. I have the Yellow Classic 19" and love it.