Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Wood help please

Question

I did a search on this but could not find anything.

I am going to wash a customers house and he saw a portfolio of the decks I have done. He talked to me about his deck and asked if I can find out what to do with it. He said it was "uv wood" that was supposed to last 40 years and you could not seal it because sealer would not adhere to it. He said the wood is treated all the way through. The bracing underneath is the natural color he said, and it looks like a caramel color. Could I just wash this deck with a bleach mix and bring it back, or is something else going to be involved.

This customer was impressed I came out on the fourth of July to give him a estimate. :)

Thanks for your help.

8 answers to this question

Beth,

He swore up and down it was not PT wood. He said it was "UV wood". I think the salesperson told him about ultra-violet rays graying out wood and its has him all confused.

When I spoke to Kevin at Seal Rx, I vaguely remember him mentioning something about lumber that was being impregnated with some type of silica..I don't know, I don't want to misquote. But I think there is some type of basis for this customer's rantings. I have to look through my notes, I remember Kevin gave me a URL to look at..I'll check back later (unless it stops raining)

Ken How long have you been running restore-a-deck.com?

It's really a neat idea and I applaud you. I was thinking it was a joke till I looked a little further. It is your online company? How are things Going?

Sorry if Im off subject.

Dan