Sign in to follow this  
grizzley

Help with water tank feeding

I rearranged my trailer today but now the water tank will not feed the washer. Its a Landa 5gal @ 3500psi skid unit. Attached are some photos of the line into the washer.

The water tank outlet sits lower than the intake of the pressure washer by about 6". From other threads I have read, I thought it should pull a suction on the tank and be fed but it doesn't seem to want to pull water.

Does the tank have to have a lid on it to create a vacuum? I put a trash bag over the opening but there didn't seem to be any suction on the bag. Besides, I'd imagine that the water in the tank should be keeping the air out of the line.

I tried almost everything, even using the chemical line to try to prime the tank but nothing seems to work.

It worked before when the outlet was higher than the inlet but now that it is reversed, it doesn't feed. But like I said, I read that it should pull a vacuum and pull the water.

post-1466-137772160103_thumb.jpg

post-1466-137772160109_thumb.jpg

Check to make sure the water flows out of the tank through the hose when it is not hooked up, there may be a blockage.

You also want air to get into the tank to equalize the pressure of the water leaving. if you seal it up completely your pump may suck for a while but eventually you will wreck your packings in the pump or collapse your tank.

You may also have a air lock in your pump. Try force feeding it to get it primed then work out of the tank. Try to keep the tank as full as possible to maintain the positive pressure on the pump. If you run out of water you may have this problem again. I know it has happend to me a few times.

I'm not sure how old your packings are in your pump but you may need to change them and it will help with the sucking.

If that doesn't help give me a call and I will be happy to help with other ideas, it is the same type of setup I use.

Thanks guys. I found the problem. The ball valve that selects tank or water source was bad. I just went to Lowes and bought a new one and installed it and bingo... it worked like a champ.

Thanks again!