Sign in to follow this  
Jhignutt

Water Tank Issues

Question

I have a couple of questions for anyone to answer please. I just placed my 525 gallon float tank in the back of my box truck and it seems to sweat/ condensate constantly. Does anyone else have this same problem? Also i drilled two holes for my bulkhead fittings to supply water to the two pressure washers and they seem to be leaking around the EPDM gasket as well any suggestions. As you may realize my wood floor is constantly soaked and you can see water dripping from the box of the truck on the outside. Has anyone used a floor drain or cover there wood floors with Line X or another waterproof material and does this help at all?

4 answers to this question

Fix the water drips they will rot your floor and if left long enough rust your box rails. if you can afford it Linex the floor or epoxy paint it. i went the cheap route with my box truck and now it just sits behind my shop with the box rails completely rusted away and a soggy floor. anybody want a rust bucket.

I actually called line x today and they told me $7 a square foot I will try rhino liner tomorrow to see what they would charge. Anyone have any ideas on what type of silicone to use around the bulkhead fittings to keep them from leaking. Someone suggested I use regular gasket maker from an automobile place to see if that would work any suggestions.

When my tank leaked I just used a 100% silicone, the clear stuff. It remains flexible and there is more than enough in the tubes to seal up a bulkhed fitting or two. I would also reccommend drilling a couple of holes in the floor up near the front of the box, this will let the condensation and any spills run out without sitting in the truck. You may want to add a hose to the bottom of the holes to redirect the water under the truck wher it is not so obvious.