Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

Finished job in Media,PA using wood tux wet

Question

I wrapped up this job Friday. The job was posted in the help wanted/job leads forum from Ken Fenner. The job consisted of power washing 8 small cedar shake roofs atop 8 stone towers. I decided to use wood tux wet, as the job is a little over an hour away from me. This was my first time using wood tux wet, and I have mixed opinions about the product. My first call to order the product was through ESI, I called and could not get a answer of when my order might possibly ship to me, so I decided not to order through ESI. I then called Sunbrite Supply of Georgia, and placed my order online (over $500) and recieved free shipping. Everything I ordered came, except the wood-tux wet. I waited a couple days, figuring ups would bring it in a day or two. After a couple days, I called Sunbrite asking when/where the wood tux I ordered was, and they told me I wasn't getting it, because they were having problems recieving it from ESI. The person at Sunbrite was very nice to me, and explained everything, and went on to refund my money. He told me they are done selling wood tux and any of ESI products. Well anyway, this whole episode just trying to get wood tux delayed the job, and I ended up buying a 5 gal pail through Ken. Thanks Ken for all your help with this job! I washed the roofs using efc-38, then brightened with citralic, then stained with wood tux wet, tinted a little darker.

Overall, I think the job went well, took a little longer than expected, got chased away by thunderstorms. Wood tux is definitly a different product to use. I brushed most of the job. Wood tux wet goes on as a mustard color, then changes to the actual color. I am used to applying Ready Seal, so this was totally different. I used aprox 3-4 gallons of stain on this job, and went through 350 gallons of water while pressure washing. Tell me what you think of the results.

Again, I have to thank Ken, not only for giving me the job, but for selling me a pail of wood tux from his own inventory, dropping the pail off at the job, and helping me with tinting the stain and any other questions I had. Thanks Ken.

post-1241-137772160756_thumb.jpg

post-1241-137772160764_thumb.jpg

post-1241-13777216077_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

They came out very nice, Matt. Funny timing on the post. I was just at Springton Estates yesterday giving estimates for a couple house washes and a deck. The shakes look even better now that the WT has settled in. You did a nice job with application, very even.

If you feel like traveling again I have another complex that wants their wooden steps and entry landings done. There are 9 of them at $(nice money) each.

With my two crews and you we could bang them out in three days. The president said the price was great he just has to get approval at the board meeting this Friday. I'l keep ya posted.

I gotta ask, what kind of money did you get for that? (pm me if you don't want to post it). I wouldn't even know where to start with that kind of pricing LOL.

Also, where's Walnutport and Havertown? I know Philly is 2 hours from me, and the Poconos is 45min to an hour... If your close Ken, I would come down and give ya' a hand. Are you gonna use WTW? i'd like to see that in action.

P.s. I haven't heard back from the armonk job. told him it would be my first Ipe deck, may have scared him off??

Walnutport is up north of me. Probably closer to you, James, near Alentown I think.

Havertown is about 12 miles west of Philly. The area that Matt performed this work is where 90% of my work is centered. I'll pm you my winning bid for the above work though I think if you look under "Job leads" you'll see a post about the lead. Matt works by himself and it was his first WTW experience. Using WTW would have made this a one day job and nicely profitable.

James, I believe you are closer to 3 hours away from Philly, and about 1.5 hours away from Walnutport. The job payed just under $1000. The job went well overall, with a few set backs.

Ken, I would be more than happy to give a hand. Currently, I have several bids out, and just a couple house washes scheduled in early August. I did a demo/test cleaning at a BMW dealership this evening. I am going out tommorow to meet with someone from a homeowners association. They are looking to have someone wash all the townhouses/condos (304 total). I'm really hoping to lock in this deal. It would keep me busy for a month or two straight! I'll let you know how it goes. It definitly would be a big break for me though. The association has other locations, which I might be able to get if I get this job. I think I'm going to offer a free house wash for them to show my quality of work.

Ken, call me or email me when you get more info on the job, I'm very interested, and the drive is not bad for me, I just take the turnpike south for little over an hour.

Matt, this is ready to be redone. If you are still in business, I can give you some other HOA projects in the development. Call me, please there has been no answer at your number.

Ken -

I will drive to PA for that job. $1000 for a two hour job? And I have the WTW...