Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

570,000 people without power in St. Louis

Question

Just got in from St. Louis a while ago and what a mess! An estimated 570,000 people are still without power and may not get it back for another 4 days!

This is nothing compared to what happened to the South during the hurricanes but for us it is a big deal. Traffic jams everywhere and everything is shut down. All those old brick homes must feel like pizza ovens in this heat.

If I can help you guys in any way just let me know. Here is a Google search about it http://news.google.com/news?q=St.+Louis+power+outage&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=news&ct=title

Russ if you are out of power - come on down to the Lake of the Ozarks and cool off.....I owe you a room at the Four Seasons anyway.

4 answers to this question

Chillin' in the A/C here. It has been so hot this week I wanted to mutilate myself. Like 102 everyday until yesterday, we got a break (98). It wasn't a tornado just high winds, supposedly highest winds in 50 years or so. Really nasty situation. I don't say this to be macabre, but it will be unfortunate how many bodies are discovered once things get back to normal. This might not be considered that hot for some areas of the country, but around here that kind of heat leaves a lot of people really dead. Very sad, hope it gets better soon.