Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

Deck with Pool

Question

Here is an issue Ive not dealt with yet, but I'm sure many of you have all over the country.......

I have a deck to do that has 7 year old CWF on the cedar.....I should have no problems with the strip, my question is the railing and spindles on the back of the elevation, belly right up to the above ground pool. 1) I was thinking of tarping the outside of the rails so the tarp blocks the striper and forces the chems and water down under the deck between pool and the underside, but rinsing the outside and the top handrail will be a PITA. 2) how bad is it if some striper and crud gets in the pool.....??? covering the entire pool isn't really an option, its big and oval and it will just puddle up in the middle and sag......for the outside, spraying in I may need to actually get in the pool, which is quite lame but I guess we'll see......

5 answers to this question

I think stripper will just raise the PH of the pool water.Warn the costumer they will have to adjust PH level once work is complete,vacuum for debri and maybe give a few days for the water to clear up ,and it should be just fine.

If they are still worried after that,suggest drain and re-fill

Apply stripper in the manner that it will not enter the pool straight.Use a shurflo for instance.Rinse a little away from the pool to dilute before powerwashing

You might want to book this one after Labor day when the pool is used less as well. Most folks around here that want work around a pool done, want it done before the pool opens for the year or after is closes. Make sure the pool is covered.

Beth

Yes, tarp the pool and provide either berms to block water from draining into the pool or have a trash pump to take the wash water collecting on top of the tarp elsewhere. The filters will be clogged solid with the pulp from the wash and the sludge will ruin them and possibly the pump too.

Rod!~

Here is an issue Ive not dealt with yet, but I'm sure many of you have all over the country.......

Mike you could always sand the railing I know it would make the WRCLA happy if you did.;)

I would try real hard to cover the pool completely if you can.The chems won't hurt the pool as bad as the wood fibers will be hard on the pump.

Card board and plastic. I have one next week. I shove the cardboard between the pool and deck and this makes a wall. Along with clamps and plastic this prevents residue or keeps it to a min.