Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye

Simple Cherry Housewash Mix

Question

25 answers to this question

Great stuff, I mostly use it on painted wood with great results. 3 gall of 12%, 2 gallons h2o and 2 scoops of the cherry. for vinly I have found that citrus cleaner is a bit better, not much. for mild homes I will use the cherry since it is cheaper.

Hey Mike - How does that Simple Cherry work on hardboard siding? I use Citracleen and 12% on vinyl and it works great, but I'm not thrilled with its performance on hardboard...if I could find something that works better on it, I would be thrilled. Thanks...

- John

I love it. I use a formula similar to Mike's. Mine is 2.5 gal 12%, 2.5 gal H2O, 2 scoops cherry, and 8oz of Gutter Grenade. Works great on house and then you dont have to mix up anything seperate for gutters. If I am doing new construction homes where there is no mold, I use 3 scoops of SC and fill the rest up with water (5 gal bucket)

John,

What do you mean by hardboard siding. If you mean clapboard it works great. T-111 even comes out good. A little more mix is required to get it wet and a few extra minutes of dwell but it works great.

Im new to the bus. but i love the stuff. It really cuts the job time down. Bob at pressuretek is an awsome guy and i love his products. He has helped me out so much.

TJ

Though I don't do housewashing, we constantly find different uses for it. My only criticism of SC thus far would be the packaging. I'd prefer for it to come in a labeled, 5gal or 2-3gal pail. I'm sure many of us could write 100 different uses for it for different surfaces for a label. But we have to transfer it to a bucket, write the name on it, and then tell anyone new to refer to the Operations Manual or ask someone else of the are going to mix up a batch of bleach cleaner, or window scrub, or an aggressive cleaner, etc. I know a bucket and label adds $3-4 to the product, but it would be worth it to me, and it would "keep" better, etc. Even if you (speaking out loud to Bob) just got some labels made up, and gave them out, we could apply them ourselves, as I assume some guys immediately mix the powder into a concentrate any carry it around as a liquid. I'd probably carry one bucket of powder and one bucket of pre-mixed concentrate, and have them as a staple on all vehicles. IMO. JF

Do you have labels already with instructions?? Matter O' Fact, even for like F18 (drum almost empty) I wouldn't mind just getting some labels and transferring from drum to bucket---if they were labeled. I just find it unsafe when we have new people getting chems out of our un-labeled buckets, etc, and that is why i'd like some SC buckets, or at least labels. What are you guys' thoughts?

Keep the price low. A 2 gallon bucket at home depot with lid is 3 bucks. Every bag I buy fits pefectly into the bucket and lasts about 15-20 house washes. But a new bag of sc and top off the bucket. Very simple. I would hate to throw away a bucket everytime I am finished and spend more money.

Labels would be great but they would probably peel off when they get wet. I just use a sharpie.