Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Gpm/flow

Was talking to someone regarding water pressure and gpm, when he said that you can buy a meter at Home Depot that you put on the end of a garden hose. He said that it will measure both in a quick way.

Problem is I have searched my local HD's and have not seen one and the employees there have no clue what I am talking about. Any one ever heard of one of these, and know where I can find one or am I looking for a "left handed smoke shifter"?

OTP,

What I have seen in H.D. here is water pressure gauge.

You screw it on the end of the spigot, turn on the water and the gauge reads the water psi. This type of gauge can be found in the sprinkler system section here.

Don't no of a gauge to read gpm without having flow going through it.

I just use a nine gallon bucket and a stop watch. Usually run the test three times. I measure the gallons produced in each sixty second test. I then use an average from the three tests as my gpm.

It looks to be for water spigots. It may be neat to have this but if you have a small tank(25 gal) next to your powerwasher and your powerwasher pumps out no more then 6gpm then with a water spigot plus that 25 gal tank that should be full you should be alright because most water spigots are between 4-6gpm. At least here they are.

With a little modification it could be adapted to your washer. (need to remove that black cap in the left of the picture and replace with a threaded fitting), or just use the gpm gauge on the inlet to the tank.

I never test any water supplies, since I have a good size tank, but for those that do not use a tank, it may be easier than pulling out the bucket and timing things.