Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

housewash without bleach

Question

hey gang,

i'm more of a roof cleaner but now i have a house to wash, this house has wood siding and alot of plants and shrubs and it even has some decorative vines growing up the side that the owner wants to keep. i don't want to kill any of the plant life so is there a non-bleach/chlorine housewash out there that will get rid of the mold and mildew? i'm all ears.

thanks,

rando

11 answers to this question

I always rinse before during and after and have yet to have a problem killing plants vines etc.I would use a weaker % of bleach and rinse more. problem solved.

I always rinse before during and after and have yet to have a problem killing plants vines etc.I would use a weaker % of bleach and rinse more. problem solved.

I agree with Dustin, I have done a bunch of houses with numerous plants and gardens close to the house, and have always pre-wet, weakened my chlorine mix and rinse, rinse, rinse without any damage.

Rinse B4, rinse during, rinse after. If your "chem" gets on dry leafs/grass and dries, the leaf will die. Another will soon replace it. B4DA you will never have a problem.

kewl,

i do have some chlorine available that i can use. when you say "weaken", how are you diluting it? will 2 parts water to 1 part chlorine work? thanks for all your input.

rando

What % of chlorine you have and how you are applying it will determine how much to dilute it. You want it to hit the house at 1-2% normally.

Hi gang

I'm new to this fourm, can anyone tell me what is the best way to clean grease areas. I service mostly restaurant (driveways, sidewalks, dumpsterpads.) and I'm having a hard time with the grease areas.

Thanks

Hi gang

I'm new to this fourm, can anyone tell me what is the best way to clean grease areas. I service mostly restaurant (driveways, sidewalks, dumpsterpads.) and I'm having a hard time with the grease areas.

Thanks

What Dan said!

ISYHTRAH

Hi gang

Thanks

Sodium hydroxide, sodium metasilicate and butyl cellusolve. Or you could buy something made to clean concrete like F-18 Max from PressureTek.