Sign in to follow this  
copgib

Need your advise!

Hey guys I am trying to setup my trailer and need to buy a ladder. I know I have to get one that is rated for my weight but should I get an A-frame or extension ladder. I will be doing roofs and gutters so I would like your input on this subject if possible thanks Hugh

hey hugh, how have you been?

at the moment, I get by with a 10 foot step ladder and a 24 foot extension. I'd have a hard time getting up on some roofs with the 24, but Ive yet to run into that problem....

Mike how have you been? I have been buying alot of equipment including a new truck and 14' trailer enclosed. My budget is starting to get tight so I probably will only buy one ladder right now. So you think a 24' extension would meet most my needs? I don't plan on cleaning any roofs over 2-stories. How has work been? I have decided to start drawing my Sheriff's pension starting this month. Sure going to be nice having that extra money coming in each month. Anyway take care and keep in touch! Hugh

I have a 10' step ladder and a 28' extension ladder, and I use both all the time. If you can only get one, I guess you would need the extension ladder so you can get up on roofs.

Sometimes pawn shops have them for pretty cheap.

Def. go with the extention though as it will cover the heights you may encounter.

Hugh I use a 12 ft step ladder and love it. It is a lil heavy but very manageable. The 12 footer gets me up higher when I spray roofs.It doesnt help when I do 2 stories but I also have a 24 ft extension also.

Hugh - This may seem really simplistic, but I bought one of those "foldable" ladders rated up up to 300lbs...Sometimes I use it fully extended to get up on a 2nd story roof, and sometimes I use it an A frame. I sometimes bend the top out so the ladder sits 3 feet or so away from the house for cleaning gutters. It's the best of both worlds...I would, however, recommend spending a bit extra and buying the braces that are available. They stabilize the ladder really well. Without them, it's shaky...It folds up neatly so it's easy to carry and store. I like it.

- John