Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Experienced Upstreamer..???

Question

Guest rfitz

I was wondering if anyone applies chemicals upstream, and trying to find out if it does or does not damage the pump if you are running just soaps and bleach type products through it..??

THX

8 answers to this question

i have been upstreaming diffrent truck wash's for 3 year's.

If i had a cat pump it would'nt bother me to upstream bleach but i have a AR and dont trust it for bleach.

because the soap dosent sit inside the pump or coil very long[allway's moveing] and it's flushed out everytime i shut down my unit. I dont have any problem's. The soap keep's my coil from rusting.

Guest rfitz

Ron, I have a General TS2021 pump, and Im wondering if it would be safe to run housewash chems thru it, especially bleach, ? since I would be rinsing right after washing, the pump would always be flushed out, I might try it, and see how it works..

I've always heard you shouldn't upstream bleach. Not being familliar with the inner workings of the pump, I don't know if there are parts that the bleach comes into contact with that it could corrode. I'm sure it depends on which pump you have.

fitz, if upstreaming saved me a ton of time and a pump cost's $300.

I would weigh out the benifit's to cost's and put a spare pump on my truck.

I think you should invest in a 5 hp roller pump.

The kind chem lawn,lawn doc,ect...use.

Also talk to JT PaintWash about SHOOTER TIP'S BEFORE YOU DO ANY UPSTREAMING.

Guest rfitz

I bought a shooter tip a couple months ago, and I love it, I use it on every house wash, it is a great rinsing tool, I apply chems with either my Xjet, or a 0040, and I always rinse with my 0040 or my shooter tip, mainly because the Xjet is great for applying soaps, strippers etc.. but it isnt that great for rinsing,I can wash a house with a xjet, but when I rinse the Xjet is no match for the shooter tip........ By the way, if anyone out there thinks they are rinsing their houses clean with an Xjet, think again, your not, and you will see the difference with one of the above tips I am talking about.........

This is an email JT sent me about where to get the shooter tips...

CALL PRESSURE WORKS 804-358-1129, ASK FOR GREG OR ED. TELL THEM JT SENT YOU AND YOUR LOOKING FOR SHOOTER TIPS. BEST TOOL YOU WILL PURCHASE FOR HOUSE/BUILDING CLEANING

I haven't seen pics of them...I currently use an zero degree 040 tip to rinse with. How's the shooter tip differ from the 040?