Sign in to follow this  
bhb1034

x-jet m-5 #13 or #16 for 4000psi?

Question

Well ive done my research and decided to order the m-5 for my 3.5gpm 4000psi pressure washer. the only answer i havent been able to find is wheather i should go with #13 rated for 3000-4000psi or the #16 rated for 4000-5000psi? since my unit is rated in between both im not sure what the advantages would be. i read somewhere that a larger orfice would allow it to spray further/higher, so im thinking i should lean toward the #16. any advice?

6 answers to this question

2,000-3,000 psi/#9

3,000-4,000 psi/#13

4,000-5,000 psi/#16

If you're borderline, you would probably want to go with the smaller one for your machine due to psi loss from hose length, etc.

With the M-5 X-jet what kind of stream do you get out of it when you adjust it down is it similar to the regular x-jet just tune down a bit with less pressure hitting the surface. Can you turn it down and get the same thing you would from a 15 degree nozzle so you never have to put a tip in to wash say the foundation, soffit, wood etc..

thanks guys. im going to go ahead and order the #13 then. the sale at pressuretek ends tonight so. the reason i asked was because i had read on here in the archives that larger orfices equal more distance with the m-5. it was in the a topic called "x-jet question and answer forum".

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/archive/index.php/t-4308.html

thanks guys. im going to go ahead and order the #13 then. the sale at pressuretek ends tonight so. the reason i asked was because i had read on here in the archives that larger orfices equal more distance with the m-5. it was in the a topic called "x-jet question and answer forum".

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/archive/index.php/t-4308.html

In some cases it does, but with your machine in would probably decrease the distance becasue the oriffice would be just to large for the gpm your machine is able to put out.