Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

deck+housewash

Question

This was Thursday's project. Housewash and deck done in one day. I am so not the guy that fly's through anything for the sake of being fast and am very detail driven. I was very surprised to get that much accomplished. Thursday was SO hot this 8yo PT deck drank up WTW. By far the hottest day here in the mountains. 93 I think it was, full sun all day.

Check out the middle pic. Lovely, huh! I see a spring postcard mailer with that shot. There was no existing product on the deck. HD-80 mixed 3oz/gal with 1cup bleach/gal. 20min dwell. 3 gallons WTW Warm Honey Gold. Sprayed all but rail caps. Those got a good brushing.

/neil

post-1223-137772161706_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772161735_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772161754_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

This deck should have been cordoned off with police barrier tape as a definite Grime Scene.

This shot was before brightening the clean ends. I was 'experimenting' a bit with this deck. I was interested to see just how much color lifted after brightening. Once the rest of the deck was cleaned and before neutralizing these brightened board ends were noticeable lighter and more appropriate for the species.

/neil

post-1223-137772161786_thumb.jpg

Great work Neil. The owner must be very happy. Can I assume that the split shot shows the wood with the HD-80 on it after dwell time and the cleaned area is what it looks like after your low pressure rinse? I am not a wood guy but am planning on doing my deck next year and just thinking this HD-80 may be just the ticket.