Sign in to follow this  
ACSTravis

HD-80 sprayoff?

Question

Hello all,

I have what seems to be a simple question, but I have yet to find a suitable answer. I am new to deck cleaning and sealing, but I have a deck to do soon that has Wolman's F&P on it. I am going to use HD-80 to strip, but that got me thinking. After I spray off the HD-80, where is it going to go and will it affect grass, etc? Is there a way to recapture the spray-off so that it doesn't run off into the grass, landscaping, etc? How do you guys do it?

Thanks for the replies in advance.

7 answers to this question

You should post some pics of the project so it would help all of us see what you are up against. I think HD-80 is a great stripper and will take care of most deck jobs, but with any strip job you should be running a sprinkler or constantly rewet the areas. ... and of course tarps and plastic throw aways are a must to help protect the landscape.

Travis, I would really rinse all the grass/plants very well around the deck very good. Then after rinsing off the hd 80 I would rinse the grass area again VERY WELL. If it has a lot of flowers around you could tarp them and just take a piece of pvc and stick under the tarp so it wont rest on the flowers.

Hope this helps.

There is no way to re-capture your runoff from cleaning a deck it will get dilluted from the water when you rinse

Keep the grass wet before cleaning during after.You can cover some delicate plants with plastic but don't leave them covered to long or they will burn.

WATER WATER WATER..>RINSE RINSE and RINSE again :cool:

The grass will not die if it turns a little brown after cleaning.It will grow back after some watering in a week or so.If it's St.Augustine for sure it won't die that stuff is hearty.

Most customers will understand that sometimes you have to use pretty strong chems to clean their deck when restoring it.So the process for restoring their deck should be more imporatant than some grass that will grow back with a little water.

If you are worried about killing something make sure to make it known to them you are not responsible for dead plants etc.

If Russ says it will remove it then i guess it does he's the man that makes the stuff he would know.

It's always best to do a test spot with the diff chems you have to see what works the best when you are bidding a job.