Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye

Newbie question..Stucco..??

Question

I'm just starting out and was wondering what was the best method or chemicals for cleaning stucco. Basically it is new construction with mud stains. Thanks for any input.

Chris

7 answers to this question

I'm just starting out and was wondering what was the best method or chemicals for cleaning stucco. Basically it is new construction with mud stains. Thanks for any input.

Chris

I use RPC Citra Clean from Steve Rowlett

Guest Danebob

Hey, I am just starting out as well. I came across Clorox outdoor. It is environment friendly. I have not used it on stucco but it has directions for it. You can get it at Lowes for like 6 bucks. I've used it on concrete, vinyl siding, Brick foundations, and Decks. It dosn't harm the grass or plants. Have a good one!

Bleach that doesn't harm plants? Thats new to me. How long have you been using it and have you happened to return to a job site two days later and look at the surrounding vegetation? There are ways to make using sodium hypochlorite safe but overpaying for a gallon of it marked "outdoor" because it has additional sodium hydroxode and some surfactants added is not one of them.

Welcome to the board Danebob. Sorry to come down on your post a bit but I don't want some new guys to the business get the wrong impression.

The best chemicals for cleaning stucco are sodium metasilicate, TSP and bleach. In some situations mineral stains will warrant the use of an acid.

Guest Danebob

I understand completely. I asked a few other profetionals who use the product in my area and they said its harmless to plants. It hasn't harmed plants so far. I even sprayed it directly on them and left it. I've used it on a few houses now and have removed mold, mildew, and algae from siding and Brick. It brightens concrete and removes stains. Well, Thanks for the input!

I understand completely. I asked a few other profetionals who use the product in my area and they said its harmless to plants. It hasn't harmed plants so far. I even sprayed it directly on them and left it. I've used it on a few houses now and have removed mold, mildew, and algae from siding and Brick. It brightens concrete and removes stains. Well, Thanks for the input!
Well, you can listen to the input and search this forum for professional advice or keep spending 6 bucks a gallon for bleach.

You sprayed Clorox Outdoor on plants and left it and it did no damage?

I would go back to the house you did this at and ask the owner the following....

"Can you tell me where you got those realistic looking plastic plants?"