Sign in to follow this  
bulletproof

Stripping Deckscapes

Question

How hard is it to strip Deckscapes waterbourne applied about two weeks ago. Get this, two neighbours decided to have their decks stained. I qouted both of them, but only one decided to go with me. The other decided to go with their handyman. My deck came out nice but the neighbour isn't pleased with theirs. This guy laid it on real thick like paint so its shiny and unnatural looking.They went with cedar on theirs and my people chose the natural. Now they want their deck re-stained by me this time. I've already told them what needs to be done and they are willing to pay the cost of their previous decision. I have about 5 gals of RM 2X from Steve Rowlette. Any ideas on dwell time, ratio etc.

4 answers to this question

I am not practiced with Steve's products but am sure you are not going to have an easy time of it. Many waterborne's are including acrylic in their formulations and I would suggest that in order to make sure his product is right for the job to do a test spot. Do it on the vertical surfaces as these will be the most difficult to strip. If the test is not satisfactory, go to EacoChem's site

http://www.eacochem.com/cleaningsolutions.shtml#ACRYLICREMOVAL

Keep us posted on your results.

Rod!~