Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseProWash

Cold Calling

Question

5 answers to this question

Paradise:

Damn good point! Does anyone know if the new law (if it actually takes effect) applies to an individual calling businesses (or homeowners) trying to generate business?

I am certainly not the person to do cold calling...I tried a job as a telemarketer years ago...I lasted 20 minutes.

Until it is overturned officially (unless that happend, have not read the paper today) you will need to have a call list that specifies DNC (do not call) and DNM (do not mail). Many companies you can purchase lists from mark the lists so you know who you can't contact. If you do call someone and are asked not to call again, by law you must remove their name from your records and stop calling.

Most people will allow mail but are more sensitive to calls. Residential customers are more sensitive than commercial.

Hope this helps.

Beth

That's my take on it also...the legal battle certainly isn't over, but the FCC is enforcing it as of today. The ony concern I have with it from a consumer standpoint is whether companies will honor it, or risk fines in defiance of the FCC because they feel they have backing by the courts. I certainly hope it stands...You can't imagine how I hate getting those calls, and I'm sure I'm not alone.