Sign in to follow this  
Bayousbest

Over priced ?

Question

Hello all, I am new to this site and to this business and I have a question about my prices. I have washed over 25 house since June of this year and have never lost a bid. I did bid one yesterday and I dident get it because I was, in his mind "overpriced"

The house was about 3,000 sqft. two story raised house with three dormers and a wrap around wood porch with railing. The house was all vinyl siding and has never been washed. The house is about 10 years old, and VERY dirty. And I was also going to seal the deck after it dried.

When I price a house i try to think how long it will take me (I work by myself) and on this job I was thinking about 6-8 hours due to the heavy soiled vinyl and being a raised 2 story home with all the wood deck.. I bid the job at $600.00

I thought we was going to have a heart attack. I explaned to him what type of chemicals I was going to use, That I was going to move and protect all of his plants and outdoor furnuiture, The quality of work that I do and that I am locally and owned / insured contractor.

What do yall think, Overpriced or not?

Thanks,

Mike

Premier Home Services, LLC

Mandeville LA.

4 answers to this question

Mike,

24 for 25 is pretty telling. Either you are in an area that is underserved. Or, you are a crazy good salesman. Or, your pricing is below your competition's prices. Or, you look like a Beamer and price like a Saturn.

I'm not much of a PW yet, but I've been around the trades for a long time and have hung out with some pretty big boys. Common to becoming a big boy is setting expectations and profitable pricing.

Bill