Sign in to follow this  
John T

Shipping Rig

Question

Can anyone recommend a shipping Co. that I could use to ship this rig from Mesa Arizona(85213) to Long Island NY(11754)?

The dimensions of this rig are aprox length 171"x width70"x Height 48". The weight is aprox 1600lbs.

Any guesses on how much to ship?

Thanks

24 answers to this question

The problem I have here is that this would be 5000 miles roundtrip. If I can't figure a way to get it then I just might have to go get it. How long do you think it would take me to go 2500 miles?? I would only have the most 7 days to go there and back.

Chuck thanks for the offer. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I can go from Chapel Hill, NC to Amarillo, TX in 20 hours. I think the milage is about 1700. This should help you figyre your time. Keep in mind I only stop for gas to do it this fast and I run atleast 10 - 15 over the speed limit. Its a buetiful trip going from mountains to plains to desert. If you have the time I highly suggest you make the trip yourself. And be sure to stop at The Big Texan in Amarillo and see if you can eat their famous 72 ounce steak dinner.

Chuck,

Its in Arizona at one of Ron ********** places. How much would you charge me for you to go there hook it up and bring it to your house where I would go to get it. NC is only about 9 hrs from me?

Ron P,

How would I get this rig on and off the truck if I was to rent one. I like the idea because I could fly to Arizona for around $130.

John you can drive there and back in those 7 days easy, as for getting it off a truck there are ramps for that but how would you get it on the truck?

Best way is to rent a Pick-up from Uhaul or better yet take Chuck up on the deal, both of you come out ahead, he sees family and brings back your rig, you save driving there and back.

Just put a governor on Chucks motor to keep him under 65 towing that rig back, it is a nice rig indeed.

OR I can pick it up and bring it to my place and put it to work for you!

Jon

OH BOY Grant did I miss that drain gutter across from your business again!!

I need to go change that remark.

Jon

im sure they rent trucks with trailer hitches because a lot of people need to tow their car behind the truck.

one way moves.

I think u-haul rents a PUP truck.

I dont know if they rent pick up's for doing state to state.

Fly in in early morning. On road by 12. Stop at 8 and enjoy a nice night in a fancy hotel. On road at 5 home by dinner.

My est on the trip about $600

if you can get someone to get you from the airport to the u-haul.

You could take a cab if not to far.

check out www.forwardair.com

What would be the possibiliteis of finding an OTR driver that might be coming back your way empty or with half a load?

Another idea (this may not be cost effective) is to contact these folks www.movex.com or www.upack.com I have been talking to them about my move to Maryland and I had mentioned a trailer to the lady at movex and she told me as long as I could get it on the truck they would move it. For all of my household goods the quotes ran from $1300 to $1900.

I guess in both these scenarios your biggest problems would be not being there to load it and the $$ now that I think about it I am only going 600 or 700 miles and you are going cross country so that would probably knock the movex and upack out ofthe question.

Chuck Richard,

I sent you an e-mail. I am Considering your offer. Let me know about the price that I sent you via e-mail.

I went to www.mapquest.com and checked the Driving Distance from your Cousins place Amarillo TX to Mesa AZ (85213) it comes out to about 760 miles there. So it would be aprox 1500 miles roundtrip further then you would have to drive to visit them. Actually a little less then that because you would just go straight home From Arizona instead of back to Texas then over to your house.

Check out www.pressurewashinginstitute.com and go into the equipment for sale by contractors and look up Eli's machine for sale. You will see plenty of picutres of what I bought such as the Rig,Surface machine,wands,cones,etc.

Let me know what you think and also what you think a fair price is to do this.

Thanks

Theres no way you could do it for $600. You said 139 to fly. Budget is cheapest on trucks and one way from there would cost you around 700-800 plus the 600-700 you'll spend on fuel. Don't forget motel and food costs. The last few years I,v spent 4 months of the year on the road, so trust me the expenses add up. Last Time I went to amarillo it cost me 175 each way for gas, but average gas prices were 1.00 a gallon.

Chuck,

I just e-mailed you again. I think we are in agreement as to a price. I will let you know by Wednesday of this week on what I am going to do.

Let me know by e-mail on what you think.

Thanks

Gee, you guys could meet here at our place on the 22nd for the product Demo Day (and maybe more that day too??) and John could take it from there since Chuck will be here?? Just an idea.

Beth

Beth,

Since when did you make detective?:) Thats exactly what we are talking about. IF all goes well you might just see me at your seminar..checking out the stripping show and playing with my rig

:D

Seriously this show would be cool because stripping is my least knowledgeable thing when it comes to doing decks.I try to avoid these type of jobs but I already have 2 booked for April.

Hopefully I'll see you there.

John T.

You have it backwards, you play with the striper and check out the rig.

Gosh when are you New Yorkers ever going to get things right?

Oh and Beth has had that Gold Shield for some time now!

Jon

Jim Foley bought it last year from Me. Cujo bought my black trailer and another guy here bought my Landa hot water PW..All of these people post on Beths bb and of course I thanked her for this...........

And don't tell no one but I just sent Beth a couple of $$$$ for doing me another favor. She is Mrs Powerwasher:)