Sign in to follow this  
Bayousbest

black streak remover

Question

18 answers to this question

Purple Power has my vote LONG before any of the RV products. My wife and I lived in an RV for six years, and all of the "streak removers" I've seen were a joke. Waste of money. I'm very curious, though, how Gutter Zap can compete with PP. P Power is less than $5 a gallon at WallyWorld.

getting ready to try newagain gutter re-new this week on some streaky gutters. anyone ever try this one? i will not be using it until wednesday so i'll post my results. have a great week all.

rando

Apply Simple Green with a soft bristle brush (I use a 24' extension pole from HD). At $8 or $9/gal, you can't beat it - and it works. For light streaks, wipe on, rinse of. For heavy streaks, wipe on, brush lightly, rinse off. On hot days, work smaller sections, rinse before it dries. I usually use SG full strength.

Watch for gutter finishes that are not firmly attached! If your brush is tuning the same color as the gutter, go easy or you could expose aluminum. (This is true with any gutter cleaner.)

I always hear about this Purple Power stuff but have no clue what it looks like in the store. Where would I find it at Wal-Mart?

I have seen the Purple Power in the Automotive section where they have the car wash towels, buckets, wax, etc... I have not tried it yet but I do have a gallon on the trailer.

Thanks Christopher. I will pick some up. Have to wash the truck tonight because the logos go on tomorrow.

Cheers.

I've used the pp on gas station awnings. Straight through a pump sprayer. Worked fine. Next time I have some, I'll try my own gutters.

just a follow up on the new again gutter-renew...wow! i sprayed it on the gutters while they were still dry and just as soon as i finished spraying i hit it with my 3000psi (40 degree nozzle) throttled down low and the streaks came right off...immediately! i just got a sample bottle from the good folks at xterior of gutter zap so i'll give that one a shot next. according to you guys that stuff is really good too.

good luck all,

rando

Keth, it's in the cleaning or automotive section. It says "Purple Power" on it.

You can ask one of their all seeing all knowing hosts with the "How can I help you" vest on.

ISYHTRAH

Thanks to all. Found it in the Auto section at Wal-Mart for $4.67 gallon. I have a friend who is trying to sell a vacant house and has some serious oil stains in the driveway. Gonna run some tests on Friday. Thursday is booked solid.

Cheers.