Sign in to follow this  
garcii2

stain on grass

Question

I try to do the best job that I possibly can, but I am having a minor issue. Lately I have been having jobs where the fence is right up against the grass and makes it impossible for me to put something underneith the fence to protect from spraying stain on the grass. Does anybody have a solution for this?? I have been telling them that the stain will get on the grass and after mowing it a couple of times, the grass will grow back. Let me know if there is any solutions for this. I just don't want to look bad.

6 answers to this question

Use a spray shield made from cardboard. This will give you a defined edge and help with the problem. There is bound to be some run off from the board if it is not wiped off frequently. We use 2 tarps and a shield, one tarp over the back of the fence, one on the ground on the side we are applying to. The shield comes in handy if you have any sideways breezes to keep them from carrying off the spray mist.

Rod!~

Those are great ideas!!! :lgjump:

I may just combine both, staple the burlap sack material to a cardboard so that it would trap the stain like a sponge. Last job, my customer mowed the grass but did not trim the edges and there was dog poop all over the yard, like walking thru a mine!!!:lgbugeyes somehow i mannaged to finish the job without problems...Thanks for the replys!!!!