Sign in to follow this  
Deck Guy

Where to find a Decker?

Question

Okay, I searched the threads, and saw that ACR carries them. Anyone have a link for ACR? I just wanted to see what one is, and how it compares to the Deckster. I use an airless rig, but am hoping to increase my use of Ready-Seal next year.

9 answers to this question

Yeah man,

I just got my Decker 5'er and I love it. I got it from Tom Vogel at ACR and he is a wealth of information. I chose the Decker over the Deckster because it is black powder coated, came with a better wand, and Tom really stands behind his products and if you have any questions at all, just call him up and ask, no problem. ACR's website is www.acrproducts.com

by the way.

They are supposed to have less overspray due to lower pressure and larger droplet size. I am also considering a shurflo backpack. The ACR website doesn't have any info on the Decker.:banghead:

The overspray wasn't really a problem, I just toned the pressure down to about 35 to 50 PSI and went to town. Also, just call Tom Vogel at ACR and he can tell you anything you want to know about the Decker, I think their website is under construction.

Well, I did a fence with the 60psi, 1.8 Shurflo. And a couple decks with the Decker. The Decker with the adjustable wand is a much, much better system. I got mine from ACR.

I don't have a lot of experience coating decks, and my wife didn't know backbrush from backhoe. But we knocked off a 1300 sq ft. deck and a little side wood in 6.5 hours from arrival to departure. I figure that I got my money back on that one job.

Bill

Larry,

I've been using the Pump Tec Decker 5'er for three years now. The only thing the unit has sprayed is Ready Seal stains. It is my most valued piece of equipment.

As RS is such a light oil, 25 to 35 PSI is all the pressure needed. With the adjustable wand, you can control flow with your thumb. Get the extension for the wand so you do not have to bend over when oiling floors.

Tom and Barbara Vogel of ACR carry the units and stand by their customers. If you use a lot of RS, the Decker 5'er will pay for itself in no time.

I stained a 14x30 two-level second story deck with spindle railings and stairs to the first floor in three hours flat this weekend working alone, which I condsider pretty smokin' for a fat 43 year-old. Cool temps help since I took no breaks. I can imagine that job with ready seal.

No matter what, I will probably wait untill next spring to purchase (unless they discount heavily). No point in buying now only to have my money sit in the garage all winter.