Sign in to follow this  
blackjack21

streaks on paint

Question

Did a housewash on Saturday and noticed streaks on the house when i was done. I rerinsed it and it looked ok wet. Got a call from the customer today saying his house was badly streaked on a couple sides...what the !@#$!. Was my mix to strong?It's chlorine and water 50/50. Anybody have a remedy to fix this??? HELP

Blackjack

10 answers to this question

Pictures and a more detailed description would help. Chlorine and water.. what percentage of sodium hypochlorite? What method of application? What were you washing and what was it made of (painted aluminum, masonite, wood etc)

What type of surface Paint or Vinyl. To much soap and bad rincing for V will produce streaking. The darker the color and bad mold will produce streaks and color changes on paint.

Dilution 50/50. Application-downstreaming. Siding-stucco painted a yellowish brown color, not dirty at all. There was no soap in the mix and the house was rinsed thouroughly. I'll work on some pics tommorrow. Do you guys think I can just reclean this, I'm a little stressed. Update you tommorrow. Thanks as always.

Blackjack

I would try one side of the house again making sure to apply chem from the bottom up. I had a real hot wall streak a little due to it being a dark color and a tall wall. Was able to get the streaks out with another application. On walls that are getting beat by the sun I now rinse them with fresh water first to get the heat out of it so that this won't happen.

Good luck.