Sign in to follow this  
desi

water restrictions

Question

3 answers to this question

I have been told that the city cannot shut you down for washing a residential on rationing day.They cannot interrupt your business if it requires the useof your customers water. I don't know if it is gospel or not. And that is for a resi, I don't know if that pertains to a commercial project. But if you have a tank, then the problem is solved.

off subject:

I used to live in Alamo Heights.

Then Universal City a few years later.

Both were rockin areas.

I bet they still are!!!

One of the areas we service was hit with a ban lasting more than 2 months.

Although we are legally allowed to continue using HO's water we found that most did not want to possably upset their neighbours. One customer even asked us to delay doing the job knowing we could bring the water in from our area that never saw a water ban. No point pressing the issue. Reschedual (wish this had spell check) for a later date and move along.

G'day

We are about to to level 4 restrictions (water storage is at about 27%) although the proposed restrictions still allow me to work, BUT there is, I feel, a community reluctance to get the house/driveway washed. Domestic hose use is banned and we are being encouraged to have shorter showers etc, fit water saving taps/washing machines, install rainwatwer tanks (will the gov't subsidize the price of beer so we don't waste water by drinking it?????).

Business has been quiet, but still getting by.

Cheers