Sign in to follow this  
4running

Soap Injection

My Hotsy has a knob on the front that says "SOAP", This is basicly a regulator for water that appears to be blead off of the pump. If I open the valve and turn the knob to "SOAP" water comes from the pump and out of a small rubber hose.

Why does this valve not "suck" detergent from a container and add it to the pressurized water?

Instead it pushes water from the pump out the hose. Am I missing a piece or part to this "SOAP" feature? why does water coem out the "SOAP" hose, and not soap?

can someone point me in the right direction? If I could degrease an engine with a degreaser added to the water, that would be AWESOME!

Kyle

Does that machine still have the original float tank or are you pressure feeding the pump with the hose? It must have a float tank for the pump to draw from in order to create the vacuum to draw soap as well. If the tank is gone, a downstream injector and pressure reducing nozzle will work in its place.

If the downstream injector is broke, it can flow the wrong way. (Try leaving the little ball out the nest time you re-build it!) If there is a downstreamer, it may just need a new spring or ball. If it does, get a ceramic ball, they are more resistant to chems.

I think I may add a down stream injector system to my pressure washer.

Russ-

I actually took apart y trigger tonight and it has a cone shaped valve that fits into a seat that is supposed to seal and close the trigger. Of course it was rusty and full of debris. I cleaned it all out and now it just BARELY drips out the end of the wand when the trigger is closed. And guess what? the machine stopped "cycling" like I had complained about (just like you said!) I cant get it to seal 100% because of the wear that is on the cone shaped piece. The little cone would have to be replaced in order to seal because of a wear ring that has formed due to use and age on the sealing surface.

But........ I did fint this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120036763416&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This would fit my machine PERFECT! and would make my soap feature work I assume. but I would rather have a down stream setup. Im gonna have to weigh it out and see what I want. If the downstream setup is too much $$ I may try to go this route. I wont pay that much for it though, maybe it will be relisted for a lower price.