Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Lessons Learned

Question

We've all been new to this profession or at least a facet of it and many many things have changed over the past years in the industry. Please share the most important thing you learned as a newbie, good, bad or otherwise!

4 answers to this question

That you can't just sit and wait for the phone to ring, you have to go find work and really hone your advertising/marketing skills and techniques. My first year I was PT and I sent out 50 homemade flyers and hung some door hangers and I was scared I might get too busy to keep up on the weekends....lol Of course the phone never rang and it was back to the drawing board.

I recently made and error in only shopping at one place. Now they have increased pricing and don’t care about the volume I spend because compared to most I’m just a little guy.

Have many avenues and always order from the other guys occasionally even if there prices are no good.

To me, the most important thing is you have to have some will. You have to go out and start talking to people and asking questions and pounding the pavement for work. Your phone will not magically ring if you don't. If you want to succeed, you have to make the inroads to success yourself. You also have to make smart thoughtful decisions. You can't just do things half way and expect come out on top.

Beth

:cup: no coffee was spilled during the creation of this post :cup: