Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

surface cleaner

Question

well, i'm getting so many more calls to do driveways and sidewalks that i'm going to have to invest in a surface cleaner. i've got a 2800psi with a 3gpm output. any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks gang,

rando

28 answers to this question

I wish I had a picture of a mall that I stripped the portland cement off of that an employee ripped up . It was about 6 months old and the kid knew he was going to get fired . So he made artwork out the portland 13000 square feet of it . I had a business doing flatwork called Gumbusters and I got a call from Shannon Kozlanski that I had to see this mall . Well there were beautiful pictures of the female anattomy and lots of names . We had to laugh then made some $ fixing it . The reason was simple portland without the proper hardner strips right off so always do a wet test then let it dry to see what it looks like . Unless it is already worn down .

Ryan, the picture you are showing is exactly what happens when you are walking to fast. When you get those types of stripes that means you are not allowing the nozzles to get a full spray pattern in relation to your walking speed. This can happen on any type of surface that is being cleaned.

Don't forget that walking too fast is not the only cause of those lines. You can get them if a tip is clogged or if the bearing assembly needs rebuilding. Bad check valves or a bad packing kit will be the result of pulsating water from the pump and that will also cause lines (if you don't slow down to compensate for the lack of water)