Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Lack of...

Question

I was conducting a training with a new employee the other day and his questions brought about a dilemma that I have had for years with many manufacturers of stains and sealants.

His question was: If this product is going to change color and be so difficult to remove why do people use it?

I answered him by telling him that from all the labels I have read, there is no mention of anything more than the initial preparation for application on them.

Due in part to the unforeseeable use and abuse the product will go through in the interim, the manufacturers seem to not want any responsibility beyond the first application and that in my opinion is why I don't use products other than what we do now.

Technical Data Sheets are fine but they don't encompass the real world aspects of what a deck can go through in just a years time not to mention the neglect of several years because of claims for durability without the maintenance needs being made clear on the initial label. The label having only so much room is readily understood but the availability of T.D.S.'s at the point of sale is non-existent.

The other amazing part is that there is no mention in the majority of products on what to use to remove the old product with. And...there are some on whose recommendations are made that do not work either.

What have you found a lack of???

Rod!~

1 answer to this question

Imagine our problems, and then consider if you were a painter!! Look at what they have to do to remove paint. I think we are just in a biz where at this point, there aren't a lot of "easy", cost-effective solutions sometimes.