Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Skid unit in Van ?

Guest rfitz

Does anyone have a Skid unit mounted in their van ? and if so, how is the best way to position it in the van ? horizontal in the back ? vertical up front ?

this situation can get very cramped..? just getting ideas for using the most space possible..?

Rob, I am doing the same thing you are asking on Sunday. I am mounting it in a 93 extended E250. I will let you know how it turned out. I am getting rid of the trailer and pickup, the van system seems like it will be much more efficient.

How large of a water tank do you plan on getting into the Van?? I had a Van Set-up a couple of years ago but I blew up the tranny and sold off the Van as is.

The tanks I have now are 275 a peice. I am going to use one of them, but am selling a bunch of stuff I have on the trailer, including the trailer, so I would like to have a 200 gallon tank. I don't carry it full though. Learned that lesson a long time ago. I will fill up at a hydrant close to the job site if needed.

Mike C,

I would also be interested in hearing how the installation went. I am considering putting a skid mount in a Dodge 350 extended van. I am not so much worried about the room but the suspension.

As Mike from NFPW mentioned ~ you will have a lot of weight on the back of that E250. That is going to be alot of work on the suspension and the engine if you are running the rig pretty consistently.

Let us know how it worked out and good luck ;)

setup went great. skid in back with reels closer to the back, 275 tank in there also in front of the skid. I am taking that out though and putting in a 135 gal tank. It will give me more room, if I need more water, I may get a small trailer for that, we'll see. All in all, it worked well. vented the flue through the roof. I like this set up alot. especially because of the crapy weather here.