Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Portable Light Cart

Does anybody have a picture of a nice portable light cart? I have halogen floods on the trailer, and use head lamps for smaller areas, but i have a new account coming up that is darker than dark.

I am thinking that some halogens mounted to a handtruck would be ideal. I can run a cord from my generator, or use customer power if available.

I also gave thought to some 12 volt utility lights and run them off a battery for ultimate portability. Not sure which route I want yet, just kicking the tires at the moment.

Not sure how BIG of a unit you need or want or what the application is (indoors or outdoors) but I have a portable light unit that has a 6 KW generator (Kubota 3 CYL Desiel unit) and has (I think) 6 total lights on it. It is desiel ran and will run about 8-10 hours on a fill-up. This is one of those light units you see construction companies using while working at night... a BIG unit. If this isn't what you have in mind, I won't go into many details about a setup.

Sure, I can pull two trailers, why not. No, I was thinking along the lines of a hand truck with 2 or three thousand watts of halogen.

It would be nice to get a telescoping pole from one of those trailers like you have and adapt it to my trailer. I would only need one of those lights to do what I need.

Hey Alan.......why don't you put one of those monster light bars on top of your truck and point it in the direction of where you're working? :) I lit up a ballfield with the lights on my Jeep before :)

Celeste

Hey Alan.......why don't you put one of those monster light bars on top of your truck and point it in the direction of where you're working? :) I lit up a ballfield with the lights on my Jeep before :)

Celeste

This particular account has no access for vehicles in the wash area. It is a rather large area and has many corners that lighting from the street will not take care of.

I will do the initial clean with my trusty head lamp, but want to be better prepared in the future. If I had a 30 foot pole, it would shine really nice over the surrounding wall of the area.

I had been looking for something like that but not the pull-behind with the built in generator type as I only have one truck right now. Here are some alternatives. http://www.morelectric.com/pul.htm

There are other companies out there like Northern tools: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=light&Nty=1&D=light&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

and then there are these that are very bright but have magnetic bases that have 100 and 200 pound pull capacities that you could put anywhere that you have metal. These are expensive but look good: http://www.magnalight.com/c-2-1224-volt-spotlights.aspx?OVRAW=halogen%20tripod%20light&OVKEY=halogen%20work%20light&OVMTC=advanced

If you find any of these carts that are less expensive please let me know. I do not like the wind blowing the tripods over and busting the lights. I have tried sand bags to hold them down but it becomes a pain when the bags tear or wear out.